African in America

God blessed me with black skin and I'm glad he did
Never again will I hang my head low because of who I am
I am a decedent of African slaves
I know my worth and the worth of people
We are a strong people 
We are a talented people
Take a moment to think about far we've come & where we are now
Our people are being slaughtered by sadistic cops
Not all cops are bad
But the ones who shoot in fear or to teach a lesson are
There needs to be a police policy reform across the country
We will not keep quiet
We will protest
We will learn the laws so we can change then
We must never stop
We must you unite as a human race to initiate change
You do not have to be black to fight with us, just fight with us
We stand on the shoulders of giants
People who risked their lives to vote
We have to continue on for them, our children and ourselves






Popular posts from this blog

Stormy Weather

Modern Day Fox

Sabina